From the Judiciary Committee:
Conyers, SÃƒÂ¡nchez Confirm Harriet Miers for Public Hearing, Announce Vote to Authorize RNC Subpoena
(Washington, DC)- Today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. and Commercial and Administrative Law Subcommittee Chairwoman Linda SÃƒÂ¡nchez confirmed that former White House counsel Harriet Miers will attend Thursday’s hearing concerning the US Attorney firings. The lawmakers also announced that because the Republican National Committee (RNC) has failed to agree to voluntarily turn over all the emails relevant to the investigation, the subcommittee will vote to authorize a subpoena for those materials following Miers’ testimony on Thursday.
“I am looking forward to Ms. Miers testimony on Thursday, and hope that she will be forthcoming with us so that we may get to the bottom of this matter,” Conyers said. “I am also hopeful that the RNC will fully cooperate with us. We have patiently sought to work with all parties to learn the truth concerning this very serious matter and will continue to do so.”
“I look forward to Ms. Miers testimony and am hopeful that a former Supreme Court nominee would be especially mindful of the importance of protecting the integrity of the justice system from partisan politics,” SÃƒÂ¡nchez added.
* 7-2-07 RNC Response to Committee About Delayed Document Production (pdf)
* 7-2-07 WH Response Asserting Executive Privilege Over Committee Request for E-mails Between RNC and WH (pdf)
* 7-9-07 Miers’ Attorney’s Response to June 13 Committee Subpoena (pdf)
* 7-9-07 White House Response to Conyers-Leahy June 29th Request to Justify Blanket Privilege Claims (pdf)
* 7-10-07 Conyers-Sanchez Letter to Miers’ Attorney Confirming Hearing Appearance (pdf)